Tuesday, June 3, 2014

I'm not like a regular mom...

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Yesterday was kind of a big deal. I had to head over to the local children's academy to sign Cruze up for swimming lessons. That was HUGE to me. My very first real 'mom task', or at least that's how it felt. Although I wasn't there to sign him up for school or daycare, I couldn't help but have butterflies in my stomach over it. It seems like just yesterday I was on the other side. I was the one working in a daycare, I was the one getting hired to babysit, I was completely on the other side. And just like that I am here. A mom. I always dreamed of this and here I am. 

Is it silly to admit that I was nervous about walking into that daycare with my son? Almost like the same feeling I would get on my very first day of school. Excited nervous. But still, nervous. I found myself thinking of what I wanted to wear or to be completely honest, what I should be wearing. 'What does a MOM wear?' I thought to myself. How should I do my makeup? Should I wear a skirt? Silly. I know.

But then it hit me. Why was I trying to figure out how to come across as a real mom? I am a mom. And how I do things is just that. How I do things. So I decided to wear what I was going to wear for errands that day anyway because "I'm not like a regular mom... I'm a cool mom. Right Regina  Cruze?"
 
And then I took awkward pictures on my front lawn to document it. ;)
 


 
P.S. I'm pretty sure my son is traumatized from that swimming lesson haha. He'll thank me one day though, right?

6 comments:

  1. I like the "Mean Girls" Comment on the cool mom. You made me chuckle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eva starts swim lessons on Saturday! Her daddy is taking her, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fynn LOVES swim lesson, but it took a little while to get used to it. We started when she was 9 months and she freaked, but now she gets excited every week to see "the babies".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome blog Eliza. I’m going to send you an email this week about a baby topic I’m researching.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog! I love love love reading your comments. They really do make my day!

Pin It!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...